This policy applies when I am in control of how your data is collected, stored, and processed. That includes the information I collect:
- on this website, including any subdomains
- in e-mail or other electronic messages between you and this website
- via my email marketing service provider, Flodesk
It does not apply to information collected by:
- me offline or through any other means
- any third party content that may be linked to or be accessible from this website
Please read this policy carefully to understand my policies and practices regarding your information and how I will treat it.
If you wish to opt out of my email newsletters, you can you can click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email I send.
You may also contact me any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Information Collected
I collect a few different categories of information about you, including information that:
- identifies you personally, such as name, e-mail address, or opens or clicks within email newsletters
- is about you but cannot be used to identify you, such as purchases made via Amazon Affiliate links
- is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this website, and how you use this website
As you navigate through and interact with this website, I may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
- how you interact with this website, including what pages you visited, and whether you open or click on my email newsletters
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system, and browser type
I collect this information via Google Analytics, Flodesk, and Pinterest using cookies and web beacons. This information helps me to improve this website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by helping me to:
- estimate my audience size
- understand how you use this website
- understand what content interests you most
- speed up your searches
- recognize you when you return to this website
The technologies I use for this automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Pages of this website and my emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow me to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on this website.
The Usage Information I collect is used to monitor and improve this website and services. (GDPR Basis: Legitimate Interest)
I run advertisements on this site via Mediavine to help offset the cost of creating the content you enjoy, web hosting, and other expenses.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here
When you comment on content on this website, especially the blog posts, you voluntarily provide me with your name, email address, and a comment. I will process this information in order to post the comment as you’ve requested. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
When you fill out a contact form, you voluntarily provide me with your name, email address, and a comment. I will process this information according to the instructions you provide. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
This website does not sell any items directly. All purchases of my knitting patterns and other products are conducted through third-party websites and governed by those sites’ terms and conditions.
Email Newsletter Information
When you sign up for my email newsletters, you voluntarily provide me with your name and email address. Additionally, when you interact with my emails, Flodesk will track which emails you open and any links you click. I will process this information per your request to provide you with relevant information and newsletters. You can find Flodesk’s terms of service here. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
Links to Third Party Websites
I often link to other sites, especially in blog posts. Please know that when I do so, I usually have no control over those sites, so I have no input in or control over the privacy practices and/or policies of any website other than my own.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Registration and Use of Personal Information
Registration is not required in order to use or access this website. However, I may make forums, blogs, message boards or similar features available to my visitors. You may be asked to register before using these features, particularly if you wish to leave comments or publish content.
Please note that if you post comments or articles to any forum, blog or message board on this site, any personally identifiable information you provide in those comments or articles may be read, collated and used by anyone viewing them. I assume no responsibility for any personally identifiable information you may choose to make available through these channels.
I may disclose aggregated information about my website visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction.
I do not and will not sell, rent, or share my email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, I may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
- contractors, service providers and other third parties that I reasonably use to support my business
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide that information
- fulfill any other purpose disclosed by me when you provide the information
I currently use affiliate links from two networks to help support the cost of creating and running this blog. Those networks are Shareasale and Amazon Affiliates. You can read the privacy policies for those networks here:
I will always disclose affiliate links to you, usually in one of the following clear, easy-to-identify ways:
- Putting a full disclaimer at the very top of the post and then identifying all affiliate links with “affiliate link” (this is what I will usually do when there are several affiliate links scattered throughout the post)
- Putting a full disclaimer directly next to a single affiliate link (this is usually what I will do when there is just one affiliate link in a post)
- Putting a full disclaimer directly above a series of affiliate links (this is usually what I will do when there are several affiliate links one right after the other in a list).
Disclosure for Legal Purposes
I reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when I believe that disclosure is necessary to protect my rights and/or to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
I also reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information to protect the rights, safety, and property of you, myself, or others.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of this Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding my disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
You can also request that I delete any personal information I may have gathered about you. Although my business does not meet the threshold to require compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, I am happy to delete any personal information that I am able to delete if I receive a request to do so. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY RIGHTS
The EU General Data Protection Regulation provides certain rights to users of this Website that are European Union residents. Those rights include:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how it is used, or erase it please email email@example.com. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that my processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for me to process your data, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates and Date Last Updated
The last update was: January 11, 2022.