The Laurel Hat is knit with DK-weight yarn and features alternating segments of lacy leaves and berry-inspired bobbles. Read below for links to buy the Laurel Hat and more information about the hat.
ABOUT THE LAUREL HAT
The Laurel Hat is the companion to the Kalorama Sweater. It builds off of the same stitch motifs, which have been rearranged for a hat, and scaled appropriately. Because the two are so closely related, I wanted to choose a name that was closely related, too – and as luck would have it, one block over from Kalorama Street is Laurel Street, a pretty little road full of old Craftsman homes that runs alongside a quiet park and is home to our community theater.
LAUREL HAT DETAILS AND SPECS
Size: This hat is designed to fit snugly on a 22-inch (56 cm) head.
Yarn: Worsted weight yarn, no more than 150 yards
Suggested yarn: Juniper Moon Farm Moonshine, 197yds (180m)
• US size 5 (3.75 mm) circular or double-pointed needles (or two sizes smaller than size needed to get gauge) (for the ribbed brim)
• US size 7 (4.5 mm) circular or double-pointed needles (or size to get gauge) (for the main body of the hat – make sure you have a set of needles that will allow you to close the hat completely)
Stitch marker, tapestry needle, scissors
4” square/10 cm square = 22 stitches x 30 rows on sz 7 needles in stockinette after blocking
• Pattern comes with both charted and written instructions
• Pattern uses crocheted bobble construction, but the method is optional (feel free to substitute your preferred method)
• Pattern includes link to video tutorial for crocheted bobbles
IF YOU LIKE THE LAUREL HAT, YOU’LL ALSO LIKE…
The Geniality Sweater – A top-down raglan sweater in nine sizes, this sweater includes lacy sleeves with a stockinette body.
The Gladdening Socks – A pair of lacy socks with simple cables graded to three sizes.
The Overbrimming Wrap – A warm, lacy wrap knit in lightweight yarn.